Our Dentist is an Expert in Periodontal Care
If you’re having pains in your mouth, it’s not always your teeth that are the problem. It could be a cavity, but the issue could also be with your gums or ligaments that connect the teeth to the bone where they sit. While there are periodontists that specialize in that area, at Daybreak Dental, our experienced dentist Dr. Judith Ris can also do periodontal work in Battle Ground while providing our signature customer service and top-quality standards of care.
What is periodontal care?
Periodontal care is the prevention and treatment of gum and ligament diseases and issues. Depending on the severity of the problem, there are several different types of care you may need:
- For prevention or periodontal treatment of minor problems, a special cleaning might be enough.
- Medications might be required if an infection is found to kill bacteria or a virus before it spreads.
- You may need gum surgery if the problem isn’t fixed by prevention techniques or medications
- Make sure to schedule regular visits so the same problem doesn’t keep coming back!
What symptoms should I watch for?
Gum disease can be serious. The best way to avoid gum problems is prevention. But if symptoms start to develop, you can avoid further progression by having a qualified dentist take a look if you notice symptoms such as:
- Gum bleeding or pus when brushing teeth or eating hard foods
- Swollen, red gums or a receding gum line that keeps getting worse
- Loose or separating teeth or an unusual, improper bite
- Constant bad breath and/or frequent mouth sores like canker sores
- If you have dentures, if they start to fit differently than before
Choose us for your periodontal treatment
If you have some of the symptoms listed above, don’t wait! We can help clean and restore your mouth back to health. We have the latest technology for your comfort. And with over 30 years of experience, Dr. Ris will see to it that your teeth and gums are taken care of. So give us a call or fill out or contact form today to schedule your next appointment!